Last Updated: Tuesday, 19 January 2021 04:39
Published: Tuesday, 19 January 2021 04:28
Written by Wilma Zalabak
1. Pray about it.
2. Pick a place to start: Psalm 119, John, or Philippians.
3. Read and re-read.
4. Read aloud, alone or with others.
5. Read outdoors.
6. Read in different places.
7. Read on your knees.
8. Read with a child.
9. Read with an elderly person.
10. Mark (A pen is the best aid to the eyes.): underline; cluster several references by word, phrase, or idea; chain reference.
11. Organize and memorize.
12. Look for: repeated words and phrases; beginnings, middles, and endings; outlines; twos, threes, sevens, tens, twelves; interrelationships by theme or word.
13. Make notes: journal; paraphrase (rewrite in your own words); prepare short presentations; keep a subject notebook.
14. Make art: draw, dance, rap, or dramatize, paint or sculpt what you see and feel when you read or your response to it.
Read more: 25 Bible Reading Tips
Last Updated: Saturday, 12 September 2020 18:12
Published: Tuesday, 08 August 2017 22:37
Written by Wilma Zalabak
*New Words for Better Listening, Loving, and Living (24 pages)
*Third Millennium Church: An Interpretation of 1 Corinthians (86 pages)
*Adventures in Pattern: Poetry from Wilma Zalabak (30 pages)
*How Listening Can Grow a Church (32 pages)
*Beauty in the Bible (76 pages)
*Listening: The Last Link to Everything You've Ever Wanted (56 pages)
*The First and Last Story: A Quick Telling of the Bible Story (22 pages)
*What to Do While Listening: Practical Ideas for Use Immediately (12 pages)
*Prayer and Praise: Short Meditations (32 pages)
*When Jesus Prayed: What Happened When Jesus Prayed, According to Luke (18 pages)
*That You May Believe: The I AM Sayings and the Signs in the Gospel According to John (48 pages)
*Something New: Preparations and Reactions in the Gospel According to John (12 pages)
*The Church Stands: Spiritual Armor for the Church (24 pages)
*God's Fingerprints: The Importance and Care of Human Feelings (36 pages)
*Story of God: A quick Telling of the Bible Story (24 pages)
*How Listening Can Refresh a Church (32 pages)
*New Words for Better Listening, Loving, and Living (28 pages)
*Romans: Issues of Salvation and Race (56 pages)
*Abraham and Moses with a Listening God (12 pages)
*Galatians: Attention Only on Christ (12 pages)
*Ask, Seek, Knock: The Promises In Luke (12 pages)
*At Jesus' Feet: The Story of Mary (Not Magdalene) (16 pages)
*Four Decisions You Will Make: Internal Conversations in Luke (16 pages)
*Saved Without Swords: Bible Stories of Thriving Against the Odds (16 pages)
*Win More and More Wing: Happy Hints for Human Health (16 pages)
*Isaiah: Hope, Peace, Joy, Love (28 pages)
*Creativity in the Church: Serving at the intersection of Pandemic and a New Way Forward (44 pages)
*Romans: Who Can Be Saved? And How? (44 pages)