- Last Updated: Saturday, 04 November 2017 00:06
- Published: Saturday, 04 November 2017 00:06
- Written by Wilma Zalabak
1. Read these verses aloud from several translations. Paraphrase or tell what is most meaningful to you. This is the kernel of Paul’s second theme.
2. The word “end” (verse 4) translates the Greed word telos. Here are its meanings (according to Bromiley’s Theological Dictionary of the New Testament):
a. achievement, fulfilment, execution, success, then power, official power, office
b. completion, perfection, final step, supreme stage, crown, goal, maturity, result, conclusion, end, cessation
3. What joy or excitement comes to you from this text? What questions arise for you out of the reading of this text? What did you learn that was new to you, or a new way of looking at something? What does this text tell you about God and about yourself? About humans in general?
9:33 Psalm 118:22; Isaiah 8:14; 28:16